Friday, August 8, 2008

A Gift for my Sis...

So even though I never had a sister growing up, when my brother got married I FINALLY got one. And, as fate would have it, she's trying to figure out this sewing thing at the same time I am.
I just sent her this "thread catcher" for her birthday which was a modified version of this pattern. It was made mostly out of fabric I had on hand...except for the large thread pocket which was made from a tote bag I found at a thrift store. I had a hard time letting go of it, and want to make one for myself now. Here, it is modeled by my girl...

Happy Birthday, Wendy! I'm so thankful for my fun sister!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

that is such a great gift!

Beth said...

What a great gift! I am forever looking for my scissors on the table and they are always buried under piles of fabric.