Monday, February 2, 2009

Back in the Saddle...

So part of the reason I had a huge lull in posting anything on here, is that I've had the quilt of death hanging over my head since mid-October. It was supposed to be a Christmas present, and it was supposed to be fabulous. This was my first major quilting disaster. It took way longer to get the top pieced than I thought it would, the colors did not come together like I had hoped, and when I began quilting it, I ended up with huge nasty wrinkles in the backing from not using enough safety pins. Since I had already missed the Christmas deadline, I decided this weekend to set it aside and allow myself to not care about it anymore. Perhaps I will fix it, perhaps I will rip it apart. Perhaps I will send it to my worst enemy. Either way, I have declared myself FREE!!!

In celebration I decided to try a little improv project tonight, and all of the sudden I remembered this whole quilting thing can be so satisfying. This is nothing like what I thought I was going to end up with, but I'm loving it.



I had a piece of embroidery that I did about 5 years ago that I decided to put at the center...


I used scraps for everything, and I think I'll make this into a pillow...since it matches our bed perfectly...which was not part of my plan. I guess that's why it's called improv...

4 comments:

Gina said...

What a great pillow.

Don't feel guilty about the quilt. We all have projects like that. Put it away for another day and then it'll probably go together beautifully.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

bonnie said...

your pillow is beautiful.

Natalie said...

I love your pillow came out. And way too use up old projects!

Kritta22 said...

I love how the pillow matches to still pops out!

Coming over and visiting from Bee Inspired!!

HI!